- We’ve added a feature- Add Plans. Now you can upload a sketch to any storey.
- Smart and dynamic storey creation: Now you can create split levels, mezzanines, stepped multi-storey buildings etc by simply moving masses to the height you want them to be placed at, and replicating it.
- Storeys are dynamically created when you Move or Free Move masses.
- This means that if you move masses from Storey 1, up above its height, a new storey, Storey 2 is auto created, and the moved object belongs to that storey.
- Alternately, if you move masses up, but within the bounds of Storey 1, Snaptrude detects it as a mezzanine and it belongs to Storey 1.
- Copy functionality has been integrated with the Free Move tool. Press Ctrl. on Free Move to create a cloned copy of an object. Any edits done on the original will be reflected in the copy as well.
- We’ve revamped your Projects page. You can now quickly search through your projects by scrolling through thumbnails (instead of the floor plan sketch), or by typing in the project name in the Search Bar. You can also delete projects you no longer want to keep.
- Snaptrude is now iPad friendly! You can sketch directly on Snaptrude on an iPad like you would on paper, and immediately add rooms. We’ve added special buttons for keyboard functions like Delete and Escape.
What we improved
- Free Move is now a lot easier to use: we got rid of the click-drag-click interface. Just click on an object to start moving it, move your mouse to the location you want to and click again to place it.
- After editing a plan sketch, clicking on Convert to Masses directly gives you the updated masses. You don’t need to Reset All Edits to update the changes.
- Undo and Redo are much faster and better.
- Escape button functionality is built in.
- Copy pasting of walls, especially with doors and windows, works better now.
- You can enter numerical inputs for edits and transforms without needing to manually erase existing values.
- Roof generation for courtyard buildings has been improved.
What we fixed
- The scale set for a drawing in 2D was sometimes getting lost and set to infinity or Nan. This has been resolved.
- Interior Components snapped to wall or floor now do move when the wall or floor is moved.
- You can now draw masses on top of masses created in Snaptrude.
- Material applied on a wall is no longer deleted when a door/window is moved on the wall.
- We fixed the problem with balconies not getting placed correctly on duplicating to multiple stories. Now the balconies get copied to the correct height on the correct storey.
- Creating rooms in 2D was sometimes causing multiple overlapping masses at the same location, and this was causing a mess in 3D as well. We fixed it. :)
- Undo and redo used to mess up auto interiors’ furniture placement sometimes. We fixed this.
- Making a material unique is fixed.
- Material edits (apart from rotation) and furniture rotations do get saved now.
- The axes don’t get selected any more on Edit Edge in 3D.
- Edit features in 2D do not work on iPad.
- Adding a sketch to a new storey using Add Plans does not automatically create a new Storey in the Storey’s tab till the masses are moved and placed at the right location. In some cases, you might have to click on Reset All Edits to bring the new masses to the correct Storey location.
- Add Plans does not yet have an option to open a blank canvas.
- Masses, shorter than 2m, other than balconies do not get placed correctly on duplicating to multiple stories yet.
- Undo and redo are buggy with copy, delete and flip functions.
- Doors and windows are placed in front of a wall instead of within it, when your mouse pointer is on the top face of a wall. The placement is also messed up when you try and place a door or window on a corner between 2 walls.
- If you’ve snapped a furniture object to walls or floors, it moves through the wall/ floor and out of the wall/ floor on using move, or scale, or changing its dimensions from object properties.